Villa rentals are a great way to enjoy your European vacation on your time and in an environment that feels like home. Keep reading for five great tips on how to find the perfect European villa rental.
1. Remember that a villa is just a vacation home. Yes, the word villa may seem grand or over-the-top, but it’s really just another word for a vacation home. Think of it as a cottage and you may not feel so overwhelmed by the decisions.
2. Pick a size. European villa rentals tend to fit into one of two types: large, luxury homes designed for multiple families or big groups; and more modest styles that are great for single families. Larger homes can still be economical if shared between families and both styles offer that convenience of kitchen facilities and the privacy that out-of-hotel accommodations provide.
3. Owner Rentals vs Agency Rentals. You may get a better deal by renting property directly from the owner, but agencies often provide services like credit card payments (rather than expensive international wire-transfers), English-speaking agents, and a higher level of transaction security.
4. Know what you want and ask, ask, ask. If you have kids or pets, make sure they’re allowed. If you want to spend your time in Southern Italy enjoying home-cooked meals on the veranda, then make sure the kitchen is adequate. If you want to be close to a hospital or urban center, double check that you will be.
5. Trust word-of-mouth. Try review sites, your own friends, or even asking the rental agent for the contact information of past renters. This is a great way to find out the real pros and cons of a property.
Finding the perfect European villa rental for your next vacation is easy, as long as you know what you want.