Moutiers is a historical rich and charming place in the Tarantaise Valley and located 481 meters above sea level. It is also known as Tarantaise and located in the Rhone-Alps region in South-eastern France. It is about 610 kilometers from Paris and 120 kilometers from Geneva. It is made up of narrow streets and traditional houses. There flow a river named Isere flow in the town and there is winter or summer sports activities held time to time. It is an ideal place from which to explore the surrounding ski resorts mainly Courchevel, Meribel, Les Menuires, and Val Thorens are highly respected resorts. Where you can enjoy clean mountain air and healthy alpine lifestyle. Some of the main attractions in this hill area are:
- Museum of Popular Traditions to discover the rural civilization, crafts, religious arts, galleries etc.
- Museum of History and Archaeology.
- The serenity of the ancient mountains.
- Explore the beautiful landscape of the nearby National Park of La Vanoise.
- Water-sports such as canoeing are popular here.
- The lakes, alpine waterfalls and springs are just away from there.
- Exhibitions of painting, sculptures and photographs.
- French ice climbing championship.
- Moutiers St. Peters’ Cathedral is a religious building since the 5th century.
- Cathedral boasts remarkable sculptures from the thirteenth to the eighteenth century and religious architectures.
- Former bishop’s house was built in 17th century and includes library and museum in it.
If you want to enjoy refreshing combination of mountain air, exercise and good food, then this place will be best place to visit. Eurostar Moutiers Ski Train is the best mode of transport to reach in this beautiful Alps Town. You simply need to hop on the Eurostar London Moutiers Ski Train from London’s St Pancras International train station.